Your First Visit
Decided to visit Dr. Kwoo? Great! Your first visit will be a bit different from the next ones, it’s important to understand your dental and medical history as well as what you want from your dental care.
What to bring for your first visit:
• Dental plan or insurance documents
• Your dental records. If you don’t have them, bring the name, address and phone number of your last dentist and we’ll get your records for you.
• A list of your current medications
• A list of anything that you’re allergic or sensitive to
What Dr. Kwoo will ask
Before you arrive, have a think about what you want from your dentist. Beyond your regular check-ups and preventative care, you might have particular concerns or health questions you’d like to ask.
Some more questions you might want to think about:
• Are you happy with your smile? What would you improve?
• Have you had any problems in the past or more recent pain?
• Have you had any dental work or treatment for your gums, mouth or jaw in the past?
• Are your teeth sensitive to hot or cold?
• What medications are you on and what are you allergic to?
• What was your experience with your last dentist like?
• What is most important to you in your dental care?
If you’re thinking about cosmetic work, now is a good time to discuss what you’d like.
Decide whether you’re looking for cleaning, straightening or whitening and have an idea of the amount you’d like to spend. Dr. Kwoo will compare your current dental health with your treatment to find the best solution within your budget.
What will happen
First, Dr. Kwoo will look at your dental history and discuss your medications before taking a look at your teeth and mouth. He’ll be examining the health of your gums, strength of your teeth, health of your bite (the way the top teeth meet your bottom teeth), and your smile.
Next, he’ll use x-rays to look for cavities and other issues not visible to the naked eye.
From the results of your examination and x-rays, Dr. Kwoo will develop a treatment plan and schedule for your next visit. Whether your next visit is for a specific treatment or just your regular check up, your entire initial appointment will be completed within 60 minutes.
Ready to book an appointment?
Call or email with your preferred date and time and we’ll book you in.