Appointment Instructions and What to Expect
Life has changed over the last few months! We are already experiencing a new normal in many facets of our lives. When you come for your appointment you will experience some changes in how your physical appointment will flow. What will not change is our commitment to your health and well-being.
Here is a list of new protocols you can expect:
- You will be contacted 48 – 72 hours before your appointment and will need to answer some health related questions. It is essential to complete these questions, we will reschedule you if you are unable to complete this step.
- Please arrive for your appointment NO earlier than your appointment time, and wait outside our office in the hallway. We will have the door open and will wave you in when we are ready for you. This is to minimize patients crossing paths in reception.
- You will be asked the health related questions again the day of your appointment.
- To comply with our province’s social distancing guidelines, we ask that only appointed patients enter the office. If the patient is a minor or requires a care aid, we request that only one parent/care aid accompany the patient.
- We require that a face mask/covering be worn by all upon entering the office and also after your appointment when you are interacting with reception
- We ask that you use the hand sanitizer provided
- Your temperature will be taken via a contactless thermometer
- Any patient showing signs of illness/fever will be asked to reschedule their appointment and ask to contact their primary caregiver.
- You will be asked to rinse with an antimicrobial mouth rinse prior to your treatment
- After your treatment you will be asked to wear your face mask/covering and hand sanitize before going to reception